Contact:
News and Information
(972) 925-3900

Bayles Elementary School Hosts Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony

23 Sep 2005


New Addition Provides 14 Classrooms

DALLAS–Bayles Elementary School will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating its new addition at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at 2444 Telegraph Ave.

Students and their families, faculty, staff and community members will join Dallas Independent School District Board of Trustees President Lois Parrott, Area Superintendent Vickie Mitchell, Bayles Principal Maria Tafur and past Bayles' principals and faculty in the event. Tours of the building will follow the program.

The two-story 36,000-square-foot addition provides 14 additional classrooms, a new computer lab and a new library. The construction project included electrical, lighting and plumbing system improvements, a new parking lot and playground area. Bayles also received a new fire protection system, fire alarm system and technology cabling and infrastructure. Corgan Architects designed the addition, Jacobs/Pegasus is the program manager and Coronado Builders, Ltd. is the construction firm.

The school, located in the Claremont Addition of northeast Dallas, was built in 1960, and is the continuation of a two-room schoolhouse founded in 1856 as the Hunnicutt School.